It’s time to get excited about your upcoming Run As One Singapore race. We have put together some checklists to ensure you have all the information you need for a successful run.
Pre-race (week prior to event)
- You must have booked a time slot in order to be able to start your race. There are different start times for vaccinated and unvaccinated runners.
- You can change your time slot at any time, so long as there is availability at your new chosen time. Resources: “What time shall I run to beat the heat?”.
- During your registration for the event, you were asked to select your Key Power Sports store to collect your chosen goodies
- Collect your goodies (link to MetaMiles info) from 26-29 August at your chosen Key Power Sports store.
- Check the venue map for the start and finish location.
- Plan your travel to the race to be on time for your running time slot.
- Review the detailed course map to familiarize yourself with the route.
- If you are a first-timer and want some tips for your first race click here.
- From Wednesday 1 September , you will be able to download the MyRaceGate app and onboard ready for the race. Detailed information will be emailed to you.
- Download the “Trace Together” app for the compulsory safe entry scan at the race start.
Pre-race (day of the event)
- Double check your day and time slot booking to ensure you make it at the right time to the start venue.
- Fill a water bottle to use during the race, as there are no drink stations available.
- Charge your phone battery fully.
- Grab your headphones.
- Ensure your phone settings are set for the best experience (click to learn more)
- Select your target time. Enter your target time for your chosen distance. Like your own personal coach, you will receive audio messages along the route advising if you are ahead or behind your chosen time. Be motivated to stay on pace, and achieve your goal.
- Choose your competitors. Select two runners who have already completed your chosen distance. It could be your best mate, or a long-time rival. You will receive regular messages throughout your run advising you if you are ahead or behind your chosen competitors. An extra bit of motivation to drive you faster, and provide a new racing element to enjoy during your race.
- Arrive ‘race ready’. Warm up before getting to the start venue (you won’t be allowed to do your warm-up near the start venue to avoid a gathering of people at the start area). Resources: See warm-up drills you can do before your race.
- Wear a face mask while you travel to the venue and as you prepare to start your race.
- Please do not bring any spectators with you.
- Please do not bring any bags with you since there is no bag minding service.
- If running during the hours of darkness, please consider wearing bright clothing. Please take your safety seriously.
- Note: if it’s raining and you can’t leave the house to do your race, book a new time slot as soon as possible.
When you arrive at the Sports Hub, walk towards the Stadium Riverside Walk.
The starting points for 12.8km and 6.2km are different, look for the start flags with the distance that you are racing.
During the race
- Look for the start flag for your distance (12.8km or 6.2km) as there are two different start lines and two different courses.
- Scan the QR code that’s on the boards in the start area using your “Trace Together” app or have with you the Trace Together token.
- Volunteers will be present checking vaccination status (for vaccinated race starts only).
- Keep a safe distance. Do not linger or gather in groups at the start.
- When you are ready to start your race, move to the start line sticker on the ground near the start flag.
- Press the ‘start countdown’ button on the race app and wait to hear the countdown and horn before starting your race.
- Do not lock or put your phone in your pocket until you hear the horn sound.
- Always abide by the safety measures, including keeping a distance of 2 metres from other runners or pedestrians during the race.
- Please do not hug or high-five anyone (even if you do a personal best!).
- At the end of your race look for the finish flag and cross the finish line that will appear on the ground next to it.
- The app will automatically finish when you cross the finish line. You will hear a congratulatory message and the app will show that you have successfully finished. It will happen automatically.
- Check your result on the app, and the leaderboard here
- If you have a problem please contact us.
- Remember to upkeep the cleanliness of Singapore and do not litter.
- Clear the finish line so other runners can finish.
- Leave the venue as soon as you have caught your breath after your race finish.
- Keep a safe distance. Do not linger or gather in groups at the finish.
- Remember to scan out upon leaving using the “Trace Together” app.
- Put your face mask back on.
- When you get home:
- Share your result socially and hashtag us #runasonesg.
- Check out our live leaderboard with your race result constantly updated or log back in to the app to see your latest race statistics.
- Download your e-certificate.
- Check final results after they have been published following the conclusion of the event.